815 West 1250 South
Orem, UT 84058
Phone: (801) 863-6821
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Hours of Operation8am to 5pm
USTAR (Utah Science technology and research agency)USTAR was established in 2006 through the leadership and vision of the Utah Legislature and the Governor to leverage science and technology innovation in support of Utah’s economy. The initial focus of USTAR was recruiting world-class faculty to the state’s research universities, the University of Utah (U of U) and Utah State University (USU). The recruitments expanded expertise in the areas of life science, renewable and traditional energy, nano and microelectronics and big data. USTAR invested significantly in unique shared facilities, such as a nanofabrication facility, the only bio hazard 3+ facility in the state and a life science incubator. In addition to expanding the capacity at the research universities, USTAR established a statewide Technology Outreach Program that focuses on technology development, mentoring and collaboration to strengthen the technology ecosystem in the state.
USTAR Vision: Utah will lead the nation as the best performing economy, and be recognized as a premier global destination*.
USTAR Mission: Create a technology ecosystem that enables ideas to seed, grow, and thrive. USTAR’s diverse portfolio of investments will:
- Recruit and retain top researchers to the State’s research universities
- Support tech entrepreneurs through training, funding, incubator and accelerator programs
- Broker technology transfer by connecting capital, management and industry
RIOT: ROBOTICS & THE INTERNET OF THINGS
- Acceleration of technologies in Robotics and IoT industries
- Meet ups and industry events to connect innovators, scientists, engineers, investors and business professionals around the Internet of Things.
- Resources through industry events and meet up
- Technical experts and business training
- Product development centers, and
- Funding sources such as investors and federal and state grant programs.
Sign up for our RIoT Email
This video is informational only and does not constitute endorsement by USTAR of any of the products or companies depicted*.